Your Rights & Duties
- Your Rights
As a BBAC customer, you have the right to:
- Take cognizance of the terms, conditions, and details of any product or service, and to request ample explanations to ensure that you have understood them and can abide by them.
- Obtain from the concerned employee a clear, ample and simplified explanation on the financial services and products and the risk levels associated thereto.
- Obtain from the concerned employee a professional and clear answer to any question regarding an ambiguous clause or condition.
- Request the use of the Arabic language in any document, correspondence or transaction with the bank.
- Read and obtain in advance a copy of each document and text referred to in any contract to be signed with the bank.
- Obtain and retain a copy of the contracts and documents signed by you, without bearing any additional cost.
- Request the bank to determine the actual cost of the product or service, including the actual insurance cost and the computation method of the creditor or debtor interest rate.
- Choose freely an insurance company among, at least, five companies that are accepted by the bank and mentioned in a written list, in case obtaining the product or service is contingent upon the submission of an insurance policy to the bank.
- Obtain any product or service, provided it is suitable with your request, profile and perception of the likely financial risks associated to the product or service.
- Obtain, for each product or service, a periodic detailed statement of account.
- Refuse to sign a blank or incomplete form and make sure all the required fields and figures in the form to be signed by you are correct and complete.
- Submit a claim on any service or product, and request from the bank an explanation on the claim submission procedure, the time limit needed to be notified of the claim outcome, and the mechanism applied for submitting the claim to other authorities whenever you are not convinced of the claim outcome.
- Your Duties
As a BBAC customer, you have the duty to:
- Provide true, complete and accurate information when filling out any form provided by the bank, and refrain from providing any false information.
- Disclose all financial obligations and liabilities when applying for a product or service, without prejudice to the rights conferred to customers by the Banking Secrecy Law.
- Update the personal information submitted to the bank, on a continuous basis and whenever required to do so.
- Comply with the terms and conditions governing the chosen service or product.
- Promptly notify the bank of any unknown transaction on your account.
- Provide the bank with your home address, work address, email, ordinary mail, and telephone number, and report any change in this information to enable the bank to contact you personally and thus guarantee the privacy of information.
- Instructions to the Customer
As a BBAC customer, kindly take note of the following:
- Do not provide any third party, under any circumstances, with any details about your bank account or any other banking or critical personal information.
- Whenever facing financial difficulties preventing you from meeting your obligations or paying your installments in due time, refer to the bank in order to find out the best options.
- Be careful when granting a proxy or powers to a third party to complete your banking and financial transactions, by clearly determining the powers delegated under this proxy.